Like Ashton Deroy’s page on Facebook
People might wonder in the autism community if I will get past my issues of addiction and depression. I know my pathway out. If I am to give up addiction I must give up Nihilism. When one is an addict? They tend to reduce their life and the sum total of morality into a meaningless construct. (It is important to note my path to sobriety was a political & cultural study. Not a religious experience. Hence why I chose Liberal Socialism as a defining religion eventually)
It is not. Morality is not meaningless. Our environment is not meaningless, especially in relation to potential mass extinction and the traditions of Social Democracy & Liberal Democracy are not meaningless. Even if we identify as atheists out of some traumatic experience we should still live our life with a purpose, passion, and some discipline.
When I was a Nihilist? I learned some of my attitudes had an impact on my family culture. If you are a Stoner who doesn’t care about anything. You might have a sibling become a stoner who doesn’t care about anything. That is an eye-opening experience. Your family might reflect your attitudes with constant socially negative commentary on race, ability & various World Views.
(I have mentioned despite my Dad being a typical Canadian in his views. We do share a prejudice to Communism both in literature and history considerations.)
Looking morally inward with questions:
- What impact do I have on moral culture?
- What do people think my values are?
- What are the traditions I want to honor and the ones I want to leave behind?
Ashton Deroy writes: This is blog going to be absolutely nuts. Someone with a Business diploma from Loyalist College is going to actually explain to you why we shouldn’t run the economy. This is straight out of crazy town. Except what will be said? Is totally & completely true.
Now yes this blog is a Socialist platform written by an autistic blogger. Yes we constantly argue the evils of the currents status of private ownership. It is hard to believe I came to this conclusion while taking a Business Diploma in college. Yet here it is. I don’t think just because you own something that it should mean you own people.
Here are my reasons I don’t think Business people should run our economy. For the purposes of this article we will use economy and society interchangeably. That is because the management of the economy directly correlates with the management of society. Economics in relation to Social Politics should be taught as one course. They are not separate topics at all!
- Single Bottom lines – Otherwise known as profits over planet and profits over people. Business people are made to put their own gains first. At the expense of everyone else! This is why 44% of jobs in Ontario earn minimum wage. Why is the economy failing? Largely this reason. We can’t run a people last economy otherwise people will not want to participate and society will indeed fall apart. Companies will sacrifice life & limb just to report high profits. As a result the individual income has taken a huge blow and society is on a downward path.
- Greed is good logic – This is the kind of logic used to slowly remove the lowest earners in society not just out of the economy. Out of society & existence itself. Greed is not good! Cooperation is good. Social well-being is good. Elderly people not dying in a wait for long term care is good. Human trafficking victims getting access to safe housing is good. Greed is bad! It hinders our society and is a cost to our most marginalized people.
- They are idiots – I am comfortable saying after graduating a Business program at Loyalist College. That I was surrounded by selfish and dangerous idiots! They aim only to exploit people and improve convenience for themselves! Listen Loyalist College students who mostly skipped out Social Responsibility & Sustainability course. You demonstrated you were crappy people. I have no reason to validate what you are doing!
- They are against challenging the status qou – All these business people care about is ensuring their gains. Innovation is only welcome if they save money. Like the thousands of teachers the Progressive Conservative government in Ontario is currently trying to replace with computers. They look at innovation, for all of the wrong reasons and it is something we need to put a check in balance in place for .
We need to control Business people in our society. Not allow for the opposite. Greed is bad, idiots running democracy is a kleptocracy, profits are not the end all be all. The status quo sucks! We need to be more responsible and kind in how we operate society. If that means discrediting Business people then that is what I will do.