Subject: Bob’s first Hate Crime.
I got an OPP escort to the restaurant because this was an emergency!!! Bob made sure to read me the riot act at 1:15p.m. 2020-07-07 while I was having a seizure. He denied me accessibility seating while I waited for my food as a paying Tim Hortons Customer. Bob hates the disabled and this is this restaurant’s first real hate crime against an autistic person with reflex seizure! I am a Green Socialist and Autistic lives Matter!
Like Ashton Deroy’s page on Facebook
I’ve thought about this. It is a bit insane with we don’t as a community has a unified approach to Suicide Prevention yet. I have observed people trying the “If you commit Suicide I will get really mad.” approach, I know this isn’t an effective approach. Suicidal ideation is a healthcare emergency much like CPR is a healthcare emergency skill for basic life-saving.
If we want to Sustain our community longer. We have to get on the same page about Suicide. I paid $20 for this course and with it at least I have a fighting chance at making a difference for myself and others. We need to change our culture around suicide to be healthier and more sustainable for our communities. If you are reading this there is something you can do to make a difference in our Social Culture.
Go to LivingWorks.Net and get trained in Suicide Prevention, because Mental Health Emergencies are now a commonplace emergency. Thank you for reading my blog.
Like Ashton Deroy’s page on Facebook
Hey guys, so I have been hearing about the benefits of Content scheduling as well as Hootesuite since my first year of college ever. I personally am not thrilled about the standardization of the practice from a U/X experience. Where we think we’ve found efficiency as Marketers? We may of actually just found lamely executed shortcuts.
I am an anti-Marketer but a firm believer in interpersonal sales & service.
Here are the problems with trying to use the standardized approach to content creation and content promotion:
- Lost in the crowd of Notifications – I Subscribe to a lot of content creators on YouTube. Around 11:00a.m. Thursday the 14th of May. My phone was lit up with notifications over uploads of scheduled posts. Creatively speaking, It sends the user in 100 different YouTube directions with no focus. Mostly I end up clearing my notifications because it comes at me like hot spam.
- It makes the content seem meaningless – Personal curation of content is an underrated concept. This blog is doing it’s best because we manage personal relationships with our readers, clients & stakeholders.
- The same failure of TV is a failure of the web – Standardized scheduling for content will be the sure way to become ignored as overly corporate. I personally prefer a dignified marketing & sales approach with engaging and interpersonal content management strategies. A lot of the time when writing a blog I ask myself. What do my readers care about? Radio hosts use the same logic for engaging radio shows. What do our listeners care about? How can we meet them where they are. Rather than make communication convenient for us the content creator.
About author: Ashton Deroy is an experienced ex Market Researcher for Greenwich associated & an ex-Secret Shopper in Kingston Ontario. Consumer experience from promotion and sales perspectives is their written expertise. Ashton Deroy has a diverse education in Digital Marketing, Advertising Marketing Communications & Business. Much of the success of this site has been achieved by the approach of personal sales, customer service & integrating Fiverr Software.
Like Ashton Deroy’s Page on Facebook
To: Workers of the call center world.
I truly believe if you follow these steps. We can truly have a positive lasting impact on the culture and community around call centers in the eyes of the workers. In the past, I may have been grosser or even disturbing with my methods. In this post, we are focussing on a cool, calm & collected approach to the democratization of call centers.
click here. How to democratize call centers_ Dedicated to the dismissed, terminated and generally disgruntled ex workers.
Reference: Economic principals. in the case of this document, we are referring to the process of organizing worker communication resources and leveraging that for a Trade-off negotiation that hopefully one day brings these jobs to liveable wages. Or results in a worsened unsustainable economic alienation of the call centers.
What isn’t included, but should still be considered?
- Employee bill of Rights specific to workplaces. A document outlining employee rights and privilege benefits that come with them the second they get a job. We should all be able to answer the question “What are the perks to your job?” In our cases having an employee bill of rights would actually mean a lot more for us.
- On-site/near-site protests. Count Ashton Deroy in if these happen by the way.
- Unlimited Sick days – The time of sick notes and sick day limitations is surely over. I am sure by now we understand in relation to Coronavirus that we need to have a protocol to protect workers and ensure a limitless amount of sick days to prevent the spread of contagious disease and this needs to be ongoing, Tyranny always folds to practicality.
- Establishing the idea – “There is no such thing as just Business,” This is the mindset which gets corporatists thinking they can treat others however they want. There is no such thing as just business and we won’t reduce the process to simple mathematics only. If you cut me I will bleed. If you fire me I will starve. That is the plague of being an everyday worker. To ignore that is to ignore unjustified violence in the workplace that leaves to lasting problems in the communities of Kingston Ontario, Belleville Ontario, Trenton Ontario, Brighton Ontario & Toronto Ontario.
Issues with companies mentioned:
- During my employment with StarTek, I made too little money, they demanded too much time & rather than try to make the job work out with me. Which employers in the past have done. My direct manager directly bullied me out of the building. Both her and the team champion. I don’t think I should have been suicidal if my manager was just trying to improve my abilities at the job. This was malicious and had devastating effects to my mental health.
- S&P Data – I was fired for calling them out on the internet while employed with them. I don’t regret it. In fact. To: Canadians getting harassing telemarketing calls. Here are the possible origins. They were breaking the law that is my personal opinion based on observation and memory. Click here to find locations to harassing call centers in Canada . You know when you are paid to do something for a living that you don’t ethically agree with? That is why I did what I did. There was a moral imperative, no means to speak up and against in the company. & finally no checks & balances.
- Concentrix – Undisclosed and never to be disclosed Sources tell me about illegal changes to employee scheduling. I witnessed The company hire multiple drug dealers. I got to know people with backgrounds related to organized crime that the company had no idea about or management was in on. In the case of management participating in the drug culture. During my time under the Rogers Communications contract. In both Concentrix and stream. For a brief while, Belleville Concentrix hired my friend Crystal Gallagher who was busted for a drug business, and to be honest who I moved away from in a hurry. (she was nuts) I’m not sure if the company experiences some form of self-directed blindness, but it is way too stupid in there.
- Hinduja Global Solutions – You just can’t keep people because you just can’t grasp stakeholder theory. Your single bottom line is just not going to work out for you. In the meantime, while you are playing an imaginary game of responsible corporation with your Business culture. A woman got sexually harassed and was forced to sit beside her harasser under your assigned seating policy for agents. You don’t accommodate anyone and you make us sit as employees through this stupid $ #* () meetings about competing with Fido’s website. Yes, agents make less revenue than the automated service! A big surprise considering the key benefit of telephone customer service is support. Also, customers had to pay additional fees that made ordering through the phone unappealing anyways.
When you can’t speak up properly internally? You have to blow the whistle from the outside. Let’s face it. These centers will not be in our communities forever anyways. There is no reason in the meantime that we can not ask them to do more for our people while they are here.
For more on the evils of call centers. Read their Indeed pages…. A lot of it is surprisingly accurate and not internet trolling. I am just saying!
Ashton Deroy writes: New York Times posted an article by Kimball Allen titled my Mormon family loved until I came out. I figured that not to detract from his story that I would tell my story as well. Also, to help me come to terms with some mutual prejudices I have faced with more Conservative communities as a devoted Religious Socialist. The truth is I would say I am related to two types of families. One that is very Libertarian on my father’s side & another that is much more Conservative on my mother’s side.
However, believe it or not, I have a relationship to Mormon faith that predates my new harmonies in the family life. We did participate in church activities and meet members of the Mormon community when we were younger. So in my writing as a Socialist, I want to honor a group of people I did grow to know & respect when I was younger. I love my Mormon family culture because I do believe it captures good ideas for the community, they share many of my beliefs for Justice and they value organizing time for discipline in education.
I feel very happy that my mother feels welcomed by this community and that they continue to show interest in me & my brother’s lives as adults. This is truly a privilege and I will reflect upon it as such. Again I do carry some prejudices to Conservative culture however I want to write this with pride in sharing my background with my readers.
Ashton Deroy Writes: Universal Basic income is basically an expansionary Economic policy that aims to provide people with a basic income that meets minimum living standards. (In my opinion the Social welfare program is preferable due to the employment created for Social Service workers, Career Counselors & administrators.)
I am going to keep this post short because I am not for or against Universal Basic Income. My Dad thinks it is a good idea but I am less sure. I will keep my opinion mostly to two points. 1. We have to greater incentivize working to prosperity. 2. We need a strong means to fund a program like this & the ability to hit the emergency breaks as soon as required. These programs have driven Communist Socialist countries to break.
CBC “Ontario’s basic income pilot project was widely expected to last three years in order to figure out if it could replace other social support systems. But it’s being axed early. The new provincial government deemed the program a failure, but many participants say it was a lifeline.”
Where I believe the program failed? Promising a 3-year commitment to these people before an election. The program was not encouraging the participants enough to step away from a government Social program into more stable full-time employment. Lastly, the program didn’t hire any Social Service Workers to monitor any type of mental or Economic progress. (Are you affected by this program being pulled? Get angry, get loud and get Anti-Conservative!)
You are not going to win my vote on this Universal Basic Income concept. Despite the fact, I acted politically to protect it by supporting Kathleen Wynne in re-election in 2018. I need to see broader Economic planning, a clear statement of values & demonstrated competence. 2022 is going to be the year of the next Provincial Election. I am leaning towards Ontario’s NDP Party because of the outstanding work of Andrea Horwath as the Official Opposition.
Click to view Dialogue on Universal Basic Income:
Ashton Deroy writes: Posting from 544 Victoria st, Kingston Ontario. Jango Property Management issue.
In January 2020 I moved in to a house in Kingston Ontario where the Property Manager’s Super attendant had clear prejudices to LGBTQ2S people. He didn’t choose to go about his prejudices by banning LGBTQ2S Renters. However I am going to talk about his intent to discriminate as it played out in the context it played out. Then what you will see? Is that discrimination no matter the shape or form just basically sucks.
The above is a Tweet from Jamie Macari I am going to use to prove something my roommate had said to me. “He has admitted to me intention to discriminate gay & French people.” That was the exact quote from the roommate as it was said. How did this play out in the household?
Let us note at the first house meeting in January 2 LGBTQ2S Tenants pleaded with the Super Attendant to allow their romantic partners to visit the home. Let us also note that he refused with a rationalization that stated it as a resource problem. However the understanding I have now had is this. Jamie Macari believes that homosexuality or being LGBTQ is a negative choice. As outlined by the Tweet above.
For the sake that Jamie believes being LGBTQ2S is a choice. I believe he banned LGBTQ2S Tenants from having guests (along with others) to force his ideals. The fact that he believes the lifestyle is a negative choice that one can use to distance themselves from god means that he was using the terms of the lease to force us to distance ourselves from our lifestyle which he believes to be an offense to god! This was a coy backhanded way to force his nonacceptance on us and I won’t accept it as anything else.
Jamie believes that Canada is forcing him to accept LGBTQ2S people and their diversity on him. He believes that in encouraging acceptance of us he is the victim along with his religion. Not the LGBTQ2S tenants he has driven in to isolation. How dare he?
The fact that I was damaged as an act of collateral damage does not subtract the fact that he was using this no overnights policy to enforce a homophobic belief. If others can’t read in to underlying dialogue they must be blind to circumstance. Playing jump rope with the boundaries of homophobia is why we struggle to have a full execution of our charter rights within Canada. This can not be allowed!
This can not stand as is. I have been pleading and I will continue to plead, do research and move forward. In an effort to expose the discrimination I have been put through. Jamie has a record of saying homophobic things based on his own free will. He has degraded the LGBTQ2S population based on his own free will. If we allow him to take in LGBTQ2S tenants and not permit their overnight romantic guests. Then we are allowing for him to participate a rental situation that permits systemic violence to LGBTQ2S persons within Kingston Ontario. A very diverse and loving community.
Ashton Deroy writes: Trenton & Belleville Ontario are growing and are set to grow more with tourism. However one of the biggest issues I have brought up to the Bay of Quinte in the expansion is the lacking infrastructure for public transit. We have a lacking transit system that does not work, but we are still way too ready to tell people to rely on their livelihoods with a hit or miss bus. It is ridiculous.
Here are three clear problems with the Belleville Transit system.
- One way transit system– I get home from school faster than I get to school. Why is this? It is because my home comes after the college on the bus route. Meaning instead of the bus taking me the simple 5 K from my nearest stop to college. I am doing the entire trip back to the terminal before I can even get to the college.
- 1 hour until your next bus – If I miss a bus at 10 minutes after 7:00p.m. . I have to wait until 8:10pm just to be able to get home 5k in the cold
- It is legitimately faster to walk at times- For example if I just missed 12:10pm bus and I needed to get home in an hour. It would be faster for me to walk home then it would be to wait for the next bus to arrive.
Other issues with Belleville Public Transit
- No full functioning nightlife service– If we want to reduce impaired driving it is vital we have an ongoing service for popular pub nights. Neglecting that we need not think we have enough alternatives to prevent drunk driving.
- Lousy weekend service – Saturday & Sunday really should have full day bus service. They do not… I think we should fix that because if Belleville is going to handle tourism. They are going to need adequate bus systems.
- Over filled bus – We need to add more buses on routes like the #7. Just because right now people are close to sitting on the roof of the bus at this point. How do we fix this? Add another bus during peek use times. This is large part of why I avoid the bus at 8:00am , 12:00pm and 6:00pm because they are crowded bus times.
- Accessibility issues – The fact is the bus creates accessibility to work, education and broad transportation would make Quinte West & Belleville fully accessible. In fact we don’t have a more functional bus service. Why don’t we expect disabled people to get anywhere past 8:00pm on a Sunday?
- Not meeting the demands of the laborers or employers – The lowest earners are laborers who are clearly dependent on transit. Chances are they have not had a job over 3 months, they make less than $20,000 making them dependent on the cheapest form of transportation. So when HGS, who I reference all the time demands people make a midnight shift. How are these laborers who are at the lowest end of the societal incomes supposed to get to work? The answer is they don’t & this is why I quit my job at HGS.
Improvements since I first wrote this post
- Belleville added an express bus for Loyalist College – I could easily make this in to a negative point. The stupid express book has taken me to the terminal when I have wanted to go home 5 times now! However, this is an improvement for the mass of riders who do not want to be smothered by the mass of Loyalist College students riding Monday – Friday.
If the bus is not working with our current setup. I am curious as to why we keep running the bus this way? With the current demand for the bus and the fact that Belleville is supposed to be an urban place, how the bus runs makes 0 sense. We need to run at least the 2 buses an hour system at least until 10:00p.m. , We should opt for a 2 way bus system similar to Toronto & we need to clear bus routes so that people can get places much faster.
Written by Ashton Deroy:
This is a conversational blog piece on relationships.
By now everyone should know of the cliche on men not liking to ask others for directions. It is a pet peeve of mine. It gets on some of our nerves. It is not just a matter of not wanting to do it ourselves, we actually don’t like when people we travel with do it! Why don’t we like this? I am going to explain 3 obvious reasons we don’t like asking for directions.
- You expose weakness – Take for example when I was in Oshawa this weekend to help my friend prepare for college. We were downtown Oshawa trying to find our way around. My friend Glessie thinks, lets ask someone for directions. There is a big difference in who street savvy men will ask for directions and who women with good interpersonal skills will ask for directions. Women with higher interpersonal skills think you can ask everyone as long as they do not look sketchy. Men are programmed differently. If we do ask for directions we ask a security guard, a store employee, someone who if they mugged us we could identify something about their occupation. What women don’t realize they are doing? You are telling some random person on the street. “Hi we are lost here. We are either tourists or vulnerable persons who could be isolated & ambushed easily.” In fact in 100 Deadly Skills by Clint Emerson he talks about blending in to the environment you are in. One of the things that will make someone stick out is identifying they don’t know where they are going or how they will get there. This exposes a vulnerability that makes you a potential victim for an attack. https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article212749359.html man gets away with $760 in cash for robbing a Florida tourist.(They always go after the tourist or lost person)
- You expose incompetence – Asking for directions to me is like saying, “Hi we barely know how to follow a Google Maps instruction. Can you explain our route to where we are going?” No guy wants to look like he is bad with technology. Also the other thing you expose is if a crime occurs you will barely be able to tell the authorities the name of the street it occurred on in time for anything to be done about it. Why is this? If you needed directions, chances are you don’t f***** know where you are!
- You get the right answer 33% of the time – This is the biggest reason I will not travel long distance without data, a fully charged cellphone battery or someone who doesn’t know exactly where the heck we are going! Chances are only 1/3 of the people you ask for directions will give you the right directions. It isn’t always their fault. They were not on your trip! You are, you should be taking responsibility for your entire trip. On a side note, I also give people bad advice on directions all the time. Usually they are shouting at me out the car window for directions and I just have no idea where the 401 is!
Listen there is a value to knowing how to get where you are going. Personally if I think someone will need spoken directions to get somewhere I would simply rather not travel with them. Invest in getting an independent sense of direction. Men do not want to be with the girl who is ready to ask anyone on the street, “Hi, do you know how to get here?” I am Ashton Deroy and please, break this habit as soon as possible.
Ashton Deroy writes: In Arkansas, Windstream is not suitable for emergencies. What do you when a company offers a home phone service, which is legally supposed to provide a home phone suitable for emergencies but they are not? I am an ex technical support representative through Teleperformance.
I had to quit the company because I got tired of letting down our customers the same way every day. When your phone is down? Fix the things! Now, of course, there are major problems that contributed to the issues. 1. We do not have enough technicians. Probably because the job is complete crap. 2. Windstream really does not have anyone holding the company accountable. 3. Most of the customers have no other options for ISP providers.